Within 5 Days
- Complete and submit the latest operator's report of motor vehicle accident form to the Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV).
Submit a copy of that report to the Office of Emergency Medical Services (OEMS).
- E-mail a serious incident report form to OEMS.SIR@state.ma.us.
- For air ambulance (Class IV) crashes, complete and submit the approved report form to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
- See the instructions on the RMV form for any other applicable entity that may require a copy.
- If the accident resulted in patient injury and qualifies as a “serious incident,” also follow the instructions for reporting serious incidents. Only one serious incident report form would be required, but you may be required to submit a follow-up report.
- Your local government (e.g. city, town) may require that you submit a copy of the report to them and/or may have additional reporting requirements.
Department of Public Health,
Office of Emergency Medical Services
99 Chauncy Street 11th Floor
Boston, Massachusetts 02111
Telephone: (617) 753-7300
Fax: (617) 753-7320
We hope these instructions helped you meet this reporting requirement. Be aware that this action may not fulfill all applicable reporting requirements associated with the event.